Read the blog and questions
Read the blog first.
Answer questions beforehand in a Word document if you are
uncomfortable to do so during the chat.
Answer as many times as you wish, the more insight the better.
The answers will only be tweeted out during the session
after the moderator prompts with each question number (T1, T2, etc.)
Sign into your Twitter account
Open a second web window and sign into a Twitter chat platform
Use a platform like www.tchat.io.
Enter with the chat hashtag, make sure it is spelt correctly (#hcsmSA).
A group of other attendees will appear on your screen and you will be inside a chat room.
Make sure you are signed in by confirming it on the top right of your screen.
Introduce yourself first and answer the questions after they are asked
Join the chat by first introducing yourself.
- Chats are public. Even if you use a platform like tchat.io, they still show on your timeline. Think before you tweet! Read more about maintaining a good digital footprint here.
- Please respect other members of the community and show courtesy at all times.
Refer to the Twitter Terms and Conditions of use. Disrespectful behaviour can be reported.
- Don’t be afraid to lurk, although participation is always encouraged, even if the topic is not within your expertise, your voice matters.
- Visit www.symplur.com to check out the analytics and transcript which is open to the public.
- If you don’t understand a question from the moderator, don’t be afraid to speak up and ask for clarity!
- Use this opportunity to network with other stakeholders and follow them on Twitter.
- When entering the Twitter chat, first introduce yourself and tell other members what you do so they get to know you.
- If you agree with a members perspective in a chat, go ahead and retweet (RT) them to show you support their idea.
- The chat runs for 60 minutes, but you can join in at any time.
- Start answers with the relevant T’s and number for transcript purposes.
- Answer each question after the moderator prompts but keep answers coming even if we move onto the next one. We don’t want to miss out on your views!
- Both panel experts and public attendees are invited to participate because everyone’s perspective counts!
- Sessions are open publicly to all healthcare stakeholders including doctors, nurses, scientists, patients, charities, NGO’s, payers, policymakers, government, academia, students, entrepreneurs, journalists, IT developers, designers, journalists, veterinarians, agricultural experts, economists, food chain, event organisers, environmentalists, data scientists, etc. both locally and globally
- Use the hashtag (#hcsmSA) in all of your tweets or you won’t be visible in the chat.